Terms & Conditions Of Use
Welcome to The Discount Room’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
If you are reading this you are either an aspiring lawyer or you need to develop some hobbies.
The term The Discount Room’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. Our Australian company number is 138781647. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- You acknowledge that any private or personal information provided by you on this website in general, or specifically as part of its social networking and sharing capabilities become a part of the public domain. The Discount Room is excluded from all liability as a result of any third party’s misuse, misappropriation of information provided on this site, or any risk, damage or consequence as a result of sharing information within or through this site.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics, photography and content. Reproduction of any of these without our knowledge and consent in writing is not permitted, other than the exceptions stated in the Copyright Notice provisions below.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our knowledge and prior written consent. However we are happy for the Australian public and the small business community to be made aware of The Discount Room and what it offers and therefore, this permission, subject to it being made in the first place, will always be most favourably considered.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Victoria, Australia.
This website and its content is copyright of The Discount Room - © The Discount Room 2007-2010. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- you may share content through social networking links but a reference and link must always be expressly made back to the Discount Room site from whence the content came.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute, transmit, store or exploit the content of this site for commercial purposes. At no time whatsoever can any content be republished without accreditation.
If in any doubt, and for any questions, clarifications or permissions relating to using, linking or reproducing content from this site, please contact us.
The Discount Room aims to be a safe, fun and positive sharing community benefiting people of all ages. We are here to help one another find great products and services as well as interesting small and medium businesses.
The Discount Room will exhibit a “zero tolerance” policy to any user who acts in a way that negatively impacts this objective. Determinations regarding what constitutes ‘inappropriate’ behaviour with relation to use of this site will be measured against the Terms and Conditions of use and the Posting Guidelines below, but final decisions and actions will be at the sole discretion of The Discount Room Management or its appointed Administrators.
In using this site you agree to comply fully with the following posting guidelines:
- always be polite and respectful of other people and their opinions
- always aim to be helpful and constructive with posts and comments
- always use appropriate / tasteful language. Vulgar and inappropriate language shall NOT be tolerated.
- never post personal attacks, unsupported claims or unsubstantiated criticisms.
- no flaming, trolling or spamming will be tolerated at any time.
- never initiate arguments with other users of the site.
In using this site, you acknowledge that any post may be subject to editing/change/removal by The Discount Room’s Management or Administrators at their discretion. Violations of the above guidelines may lead to the editing/deletion of posts and, in extreme or repeat cases, the delisting of an offending user.
Concerns regarding specific content or users’ behaviour can be reported to us.